Coyotes, a member of the dog family found in North America, are infamous for slaughtering livestock animals and domestic pets. They're very active in the evening hours, so there is a good chance you won't actually see them (you will see signs of them and you may hear them, however). Coyotes are very social animals that will be most likely to hunt in packs and communicate with each other by using howls, barks, or yelps. If you are noticing signs of coyotes on your property, call Critter Control of Salt Lake City to catch them before they cause irreversible damage. You can also contact us here.
Keeping Coyotes Out
- Some simple habitat modification methods include putting up fencs with barbed wire. Coyotes can jump as high as eight feet and they're talented at digging, so a fence must be coyote-proof.
- Keep your animals/livestock safe inside, if possible.
- Remove water sources and (other) food sources from the area.
Common Coyote Issues
- Coyotes are carriers of deadly diseases and parasites that affect humans and animals, including rabies, distemper, parvo virus, mange mites, and fleas.
- If your property has many open grassy areas, coyotes will likely favor your property in search of their favorite type of prey: small animals like rodents, reptiles, rabbits, or squirrels.
- As previously mentioned, coyotes' favorite food source is your polutry and small animals. They will not hesitate to slaughter an animal just because it's your pet.
Coyote Removal Services
Naturally, you should never handle wild coyotes. Even though they look physically similar to dogs, coyotes are not domesticated animals and will bite if they feel cornered or threatened. Critter Control's experts have years of experience in trapping coyote and successfully keeping them off properties.
Critter Control coyote experts will help manage and eliminate unwanted coyote problems. We can help you get rid of coyote problems.Request a Quote