Mice are not very good at staying out of sight and out of mind of their human housemates. These rodents are extremely common throughout the United States, so there's a good chance that you may encounter them at some point in your homeownership. These creatures are quick and nimble climbers, so they can get into very small spaces with ease. Call Critter Control of Salt Lake City today for more information on mouse removal or contact us here.
Keeping Mice Out of Your Home
Because mice are so common, our technicians have an extra advantage over these tiny creatures. We know their habits and behaviors, which will help us locate all the places they could be hiding. Some things we will recommend and do to keep mouse out of your home include:
- Live traps
- Lethal traps like snap traps or glue boards
- Sealing potential entry points in foundation
- Keeping any food stored in rodent-proof containers
- Cleaning home regularly
- Getting rid of clutter and debris inside and outside home
Common Mouse Damage
- Homes with central heating makes an ideal nesting opportunity for these rodents during winter months.
- House mice will cause damages to your home, especially in large populations.
- As their teeth will grow rapidly and continuously, mice must chew on things to keep their teeth from overgrowing.
- House mice also chew on electrical wires, which can lead to shorts or even electrical fires.
- They also can mutilate crops, gnaw through containers of food, and even contaminate packages with their urine and droppings.
- These rodents have the capacity to spread salmonellosis, leptospirosis, rat-bite fever, and tapeworms and may carry fleas, ticks, and similar parasites.
We are the Mouse Removal Experts
House mice aren't very good at staying hidden, so you can stop an infestation upon first signs of activity. Once the first signs of activity appear, property owners should contact the professionals at Critter Control of Salt Lake City to deal with the problem. Our trained technicians have the tools and extensive knowledge of house mice behavior to remove infestations.
We can help you get rid of mice problems. Call today!Request a Quote