Muskrat Removal Services
- Muskrats burrow into the banks of ponds or streams, constructing dens that typically have at least one underwater entrance and are comprised of aquatic plants and mud.
- Human and muskrat interactions occur when homeowners have ponds or other sources of water on their property.
- Though they primarily feed on aquatic vegetation, large populations of muskrats sometimes venture into gardens to supplement their food sources.
Common Muskrat Problems
- The majority of muskrat damage is done to the ecosystems in which they live as their feeding habits cause deterioration of available food sources for other species.
- Homeowners that plant gardens near muskrat habitats can experience loss of crops.
- Additionally, the animal's preference for building dens on the banks of waterways can mar existing dams.
- Muskrats will claw and bite both humans and pets in order to escape when they feel threatened, and they carry a variety of diseases and parasites, including ticks and lice.
- Habitat modifications can be employed to keep muskrat populations from encroaching on private property.
- Managing slopes and water levels helps discourage muskrats from burrowing into pond embankments, as does installing barriers and trimming overgrown aquatic vegetation.
- Erecting fences around gardens and other crops can effectively deter muskrats, as well.
As muskrats reproduce quickly and become aggressive when cornered, trapping and removing them without professional assistance can be both dangerous and time-consuming. Critter Control of Salt Lake City specialists have the knowledge, skills, and tools to remove infestations of muskrats humanely and efficiently.
We can help you get rid of muskrat problems. Call today!Request a Quote