Actually a member of the dove family, pigeons are a common sight in urban areas. Their waste is destructive and corrosive to buildings and structures. Pigeons are fond of wreaking havoc wherever they may land, which is often on rooftops of city buildings. Business owners, in particular, have an issue with pigeons and their habits. If you are facing pigeon issues, please call our office or contact us here.
Problematic Pigeons — Getting Rid of Pigeons
- Pigeons are notoroious for causing extensive damage to buildings.
- These curious creatures are dependent on human routine and human byproducts to survive, so this is why they're mostly found in urban areas.
- Some types of buildings pigeons are found in include
- They have characteristic double black stripes on their wing feathers, a single black band on their tail feathers, and bright red feet.
Common Complaints About Pigeons
- Pigeons are dirty birds. Their droppings are excessive wherever infestations are present and stain building facades, park benches, statues, and cars.
- Pigeon droppings accelerate deterioration of building materials and are unpleasant to look at.
- Their excrement contains pathogens of numerous diseases, including ornithosis, encephalitis, toxoplasmosis, and food poisoning.
- The birds can also harbor fleas, lice, mites, and ticks in their feathers and consume and contaminate stores of food meant for human and livestock consumption.
Full-Service Pigeon Removal
As pigeons spread a number of diseases, individuals are safer not approaching them. In areas where pigeon infestations threaten the general public's health and well-being, pest control professionals should be called in to handle the problem. The trained technicians at Critter Control have the tools and knowledge of pigeon behavior to effectively and safely remove the birds.