Many residents mistake voles for mice, and although they're both rodents, they exhibit different behavior and diets. These small burrowing creatures tend to make their homes underground, so humans don't see them regularly. Voles are known for eating bulbs and root vegetables like carrots and potatoes, which can cause a big problem for farmers. Like most wild animals, voles can be carriers of multiple parasites and diseases like hantavirus and salmonella. We know you'd rather avoid contracting these deadly diseases, so give us a call to schedule a vole inspection today! Reach our Salt Lake City office or leave us your information HERE.
Getting Rid of Voles
- Voles are infamous for creating tunnels in yards and gardens. If some of your plants/trees are suddenly dying, chances are you have voles.
- Some other ways to get rid of voles include traps and repellents, which can be placed in the burrows near exits.
- If a vole has found its way into your home, it is almost certainly there by accident, since a vole's favored environment is outdoors.
Common Vole Problems
- The biggest complaint about voles is the damage they cause to yards, gardens, and items within gardens.
- Not only do they eat the vegetables and other important plants, but they also eat the root system so your plants won't have a chance.
- It is sometimes difficult to identify mole damage as such, but Critter Control can help, if you suspect a vole infestation in your yard.
Full-Service Vole Removal
Since voles are mostly considered protected animals, so they can only be trapped if they're causing an imminent threat to your property or your health. These little critters can be extremely difficult to locate, let alone trap, if you are not a trained professional, so leave the trapping to us! Critter Control professionals have the experience to successfully get rid of voles on residential and commercial properties. We can help you get rid of vole problems. Call our office in Salt Lake City today!Request a Quote