Unfortunately, Salt Lake City rat problems are not uncommon, but we can help. If you notice droppings, begin to see holes in the siding or walls, or hear scratching in your walls, there's a chance this medium-sized rodent has made a home in your home. Luckily, Critter Control is well-versed in rat behavior and can be of great help when ridding your home of these rodents. Call our Salt Lake City office or contact us using our online form.
Get Rats Out For Good
Rats are known for being unhygienic animals, and they can carry many diseases because of their unsavory habits like scampering around dumpsters and sewers. There are some ways Critter Control can help you get rid of rats, though, including:
- Lethal methods like snap traps and glue boards
- Making sure all entry holes are closed
There are also a number of steps you can take as a homeowner to keep the chances of a rodent infestation down, including:
- Ensuring your home is clean
- Keeping food stored in an area where rodents can't get to it
Frequently Dealt with Rat Issues
- Rats will transmit disease directly by contaminating food with their droppings or urine. They can also transmit indirectly; for example, when fleas first bite an infected rat, then a person.
- Some of the more important diseases associated with rats include rat-bite fever and leptospirosis.
- Rats' presence can be fairly inconspicuous in buildings, so it's important to call a professional rat removal company to make sure you've addressed the whole problem.
We are the Rat Removal Professionals
Salt Lake City's Critter Control rat removal professionals will employ a large range of methods. These include improving sanitation, getting rid of hiding places, excluding rats and occasionally using lethal methods such as traps and rodenticides. Our wildlife experts may prefer to use rat repellents, rat fumigants, and rat trapping systems to ensure the effectiveness of the rat control method, without physically harming the rats.
We can help you get rid of rat problems. Call our Salt Lake City office today.Request a Quote